Monday, January 26, 2015

Lake Arrowhead Resort

I looooooove Lake Arrowhead! I absolutely love everything about it. It is SO close yet SO far away. It feels like Minnesota to me and I love the casual, laid back and relaxing vibe. We were lucky enough to get away for three nights the last weekend of the kids Christmas break. It was awesome. We stayed at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa which is another one of my favorite places. I love the decor with the gorgeous stone fireplace and cozy couches in the lobby and the heated outdoor pool and hot tub are prime for a family with an almost 10 and almost 8 year old. 
This is the first thing the kids did when we checked into our room Thursday afternoon. They suited up in the hotel robes and toasted some ice cold water on the balcony. 
 We planned to spend Friday skiing at Snow Valley but we had so much fun and such a great day out on the slopes that we bought tickets and skied on Saturday too. The snow wasn't exactly great but it's a perfect place for the kids who are still learning and perfecting their skills. It was super exciting because William finally let go of Mikos and started skiing down the slope on his own! I was so proud of him. He's actually really good which doesn't surprise me. He's very athletic. It was really fun to be able to all ski down the hill together. Hopefully we can plan a trip to Utah next year. 
Our seasoned skier. 
 My first chairlift ride ever with William. Such a cutie!
William on the slopes. My almost 8 year old with serious attitude. Lord help me!
Maddie and I at our most delicious dinner of the weekend. Mikos scouted out this adorable little place called Stone Creek Bistro. It was outstanding. Hope to eat there again next time!

No comments: