Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Double Digits

So Maddie turned double digits on January 13. She turned TEN. Did you hear me? 10! I don't know how in the world that happened...but it did. Right before my very eyes. I love this girl. I aDORE her. She is kind, sweet, funny, creative, smart, sensitive, thoughtful, loving, obedient and just an overall awesome kid. She loves: playing with her cats, making silly videos on her itouch, playing soccer, finding and listening to music on her itouch, watching HGTV and Shark Tank with me (on Fridays, Saturdays and breaks of course), dressing and doing her American Girl dolls' hair, and playing with Barbies every so often. Maddie has lots of friends from school, her Indian Princess Tribe, the neighborhood and her soccer team. She wanted to have a slumber party for her 10th birthday and that's exactly what we did! We kept it small, which wasn't easy, but was necessary for me. And after the fact, knowing they did not all fall asleep until 2:30 am, thank God we kept it small. It was a fun night. We kicked William and Mike out for the night so it was just me and 6 ten year old girls!
 I took them to Islands for dinner. 
 They painted and decorated picture frames for a craft. 
 There was lots of singing and dancing. Lots. Until about 10:30 pm. 
 I set up a pseudo "photo booth" upstairs in the hall . 
It wasn't a huge hit but we got a few fun photos from it. 
 Maddie, Gigi and Jenna. 
 Maddie and Meredith. 
 Alexis, Reagan and Jenna. 
 Ice cream sundaes for dessert. 

No comments: