Sunday, June 26, 2011

Strike A Pose

Maddie decided she was done with dance. Of course she decided this AFTER I signed her up for the Spring Performance spending $65 on a dance costume and purchasing the required 4 performance tickets at $15 a pop. I was not sad that Maddie wanted to quit dance. Not sad at all as a matter of fact. But, I told her she had to finish what she signed up for and participate through the Spring Performance. That would be the final harrah. Well, wouldn't you know, Maddie got a case of the 24 hour stomach flu the Sunday of her dance recital. She started vomiting that morning and it kept up throughout the day. Ironically enough, she was devastated. I felt so bad for her as she cried all afternoon about how she was going to miss her dance re-ciiiiii-tal. SO, since we'd paid through the month of June, Maddie and her friend Jordyn wore their costumes to dance that following Tuesday. She looked so cute and I was so glad she got to get some use of the costume! She really got into it. Check her out striking a pose. So funny. It would have been fun to see her perform on stage. Their dance was to the Katy Perry song "California Girls" (edited of course). Maddie said she wanted to give soccer another shot (which I was ecstatic about) so she is signed up for league play this fall! I can't wait and am crossing my fingers that she LOVES it! I think I could coach girls soccer... if Maddie enjoys the sport so we'll see!

1 comment:

L SHUK UP said...

You go! It would be so fun to see you coaching girls soccer!