Monday, November 16, 2009

Rollerskating?

Maddie and Mike went ROLLERSKATING yesterday afternoon! It was a planned Indian Princess activity and Maddie was thrilled to see her new friend Ashley there with her dad. When Mike told me they were going rollerskating, I just started laughing. How cute but I have to say I expressed concern (ie. a little teasing) to Mike and told him not to be falling and breaking his back. Maddie had never been rollerskating before and frankly, I'm not sure that Mike had either! I hear Maddie was a bit of a handful at first. She was frusterated because she couldn't do it as well as her friend could but after a little practice, Mike said she started to do ok. Overall, they had a really good time. Maddie says she wants rollerskates for Christmas now so she can practice in the cul-de-sac at home. I think she's got a bit of a competative edge in her. Wonder where she gets that from?

No comments: