Thursday, August 19, 2010

Big Surprise!

Yesterday morning we got a BIG surprise! Norma, our Nanny who has been with our family for 4 years, texted me that she wouldn't be able to make it because she was having labor pains and was going to the hospital. Her baby wasn't due for another 4 weeks but he, like William, decided he wanted to come early! I managed to get Sonja's nanny to come for the day so I went to work thinking perhaps it was just a false alarm. I texted Norma on my late lunch break to see if everything was ok and to let her know I was thinking about her and she responds by saying she just had her baby boy and sent a picture of minutes old baby Richard! I was surprised and moved... I started crying in the middle of TJ Maxx! We just LOVE Norma so much and I was so happy for her and just emotional about it all. She's like part of our family. I'm happy but sad because I feel like it's the end of an "era". She was kind enough to let us come see her last night at the hospital. Maddie and Wil loved seeing the new baby. Baby Richard was 6 lbs, 1 oz and 19 inch long. He is adorable! Norma looked fantastic too. Baby Richard and proud Big Sister Diana.
What a precious little bundle. Truly a gift from God! Congratulations Norma!

1 comment:

Sprincely said...

Wow- I can relate. And yet I can't imagine. It all moves so fast!! We've signed up for preschool AND we're considering a Lil Dribblers basketball program. It feels like so much, makes me want to sing from Fiddler on the Roof: Sunrise, Sunset- swiftly go the years...