Monday, January 18, 2010

Summerland Weekend

Last weekend, the kids and I headed up to Santa Barbara with some of my dear friends and their kids for a quick, mini get away. My good friend Kristie Akl's sister has a rental property in Summerland that she was generous enough to offer up to us to enjoy for the weekend. It is an amazing beach cottage with an absolutely incredible view and it was super fun to be back in our old stomping ground Summerland. The beach cottage is literally doors down from the house my girlfriends and I rented our senior year of college. It brought back lots of fun memories of our college years but most of all, it was just so, so fun to hang out with my girlfriends and their kids. Maddie and William had a blast. Maddie was the big sister of the group and she of course, loved playing that role. She had all the kids playing house at one time and was tucking them in bed on the couch. Too cute.








We were fortunate to get beautiful weather on Saturday and the kids had so much fun playing in the sand at the beach and also at the restraunt we ate lunch at Saturday afternoon. It was such a great weekend and it worked out perfectly because Mike was in Colorado on a ski trip for work. We got home Sunday afternoon about an hour before he did. It was great to see him. I can't wait to take the kids up to Santa Barbara again. Such fun. And I can't wait to see all of my friends at our annual Girl's Weekend coming up at the end of March! See you soon everyone!!

1 comment:

Erin Welch Hunt said...

We had such an amazing time with you and Maddie and Wil! Can't wait for next time!