Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mary

Maddie was selected to be Mary in her Christmas Pageant this year. Her preschool puts on the cutest little program filled with costumes, singing and story telling. Maddie was the best Mary I've ever seen! She was so cute. She actually got a bit nervous before and wasn't sure she wanted to participate but she pulled herself together and to my surprise, came proudly walking into the church dressed as Mary. So, so cute. The biggest performance of Maddie's life so far and I was her only fan in the audience. It was a bummer because Mike could not make the 8:30am performance due to a scheduling conflict with work and Grandma and Grandpa, who are always there to support, were traveling out of the country. I gave Maddie my biggest smile and waves from the audience and I will never grow tired of the sweet, genuine, proud smiles I get back from her. These moments are truly some of the greatest in motherhood. The program was such a great way to celebrate the birth of Christ, the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments: