Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas decorations!

This month has flown by and I can hardly believe we leave for Minnesota on Tuesday! I knew once we hit Thanksgiving that Christmas would be here before I knew it and I thought I was getting a jump start on the holiday preparations but here we are, the weekend before Christmas and I still have to hit the mall tomorrow for a few last gifts to buy and I just got my Christmas cards in the mail TODAY. Ahhhh...the joy of Christmas. But really, it's been a great couple of weeks. We got our tree the first weekend in December and Maddie had a great time decorating it. She was actually a terrific help to me... unlike William who we had to keep busy with some Wubbzy watching so he didn't break too many ornaments. We had a few casualties before we even got decorating. Oh well....nothing a little crazy glue didn't fix. The tree this year is a beauty! Mikos was actually much more on top of things than me (surprise, surprise) and he got all of the holiday lights on outside the weekend before Thanksgiving! He was the first (well, second) on the block and all of our next door neighbors really thanked him for that (hint of sacrasm). They really look great and as usual, the kids love them! We added a couple new members to our outdoor lawn family... a tiny snowman and a flamingo with Santa hat (my choice). What fun!

No comments: