Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 4th in CA

This is the first time since I've lived in CA that we haven't traveled back to Minnesota for the 4th of July. I kept asking everyone what people in CA do for the 4th of July? Well, we did what we usually do on summer weekends... hung out in the beautiful sunshine and swam in the pool at Grandma's house!
It really was a gorgeous day and Maddie enjoyed not 1 lime popsicle... but 2... thanks to Grandpa!
My silly kids hanging out with their Aunt "Soosa". Sonja is 6 months pregnant with, who will soon be Maddie and William's newest cousin, Lucas. We are thrilled and can't wait to meet baby Lucas. It will be so nice for the kids to have a cousin close by and so close in age.
Grandma made some cool patriot hats out of newspapers.
Although I was a bit homesick, all and all, it was a very nice July 4th weekend. We spent lots of good, quality time with family and friends and that is what is most important of all. Later in the week, I booked our flight back for vacation time in Minnesota in August. I just can't spend a summer without time up north at the Lake. It just wouldn't be right!

No comments: