Thursday, July 23, 2009

Huntington Beach

Last Friday night we took the kids down to Huntington Beach and stayed overnight at the Hyatt. It worked out perfectly. Mike had a work function at the hotel and we had our wood floors laid that day. We needed to be out of the house for 24 hours so we tagged along with Mike and enjoyed the resort. They had an awesome kids pool area called Slyders. There were 3 fun water slides and Saturday morning after breakfast, we rode the slides and played in the pools for a couple of hours before heading back home inland.
There was a little slide especially for kids William's age and he loved it. Of course I had to ride with him but I didn't mind. Before I know it, he'll want nothing to do with me I'm sure. Lately, that's not sounding all that bad though. He's been such a challenge! Can I just say two words- 2 1/2 and BOY. Argh.... let's just say I've been praying diligently for patience.
They look like such good friends and they are for the most part but again, lately, I feel like I'm playing referee more than I'd like. They seem to be fighting more in the last couple of weeks which is so not fun.


It was a quick, fun night and when we went home on Saturday we could walk on our new hardwood floors. They are gorgeous. It was a fun night at the hotel . Mike and I were talking about how fun it would be to spend a nice long weekend at the hotel and enjoy the pools and beach right across the street. Talk about a vacation. 25 minute drive from our house. Perfect. I think it will be a lot more fun when William is a bit easier to put to sleep not in his crib. It took him nearly an hour and half to fall asleep Friday night. Maddie was out in 5 minutes. By next summer, he'll be there.

1 comment:

Erin Welch Hunt said...

Next time you go, WE'RE THERE!
I mean, next time you go to the beach and I don't look like a BEACHBALL, that is! :)